Protecting Your Recreational Vehicle

Whether you choose to visit the United States through a motorhome, converted bus, or a camper van, you will be subject to insurance requirements based on your home state. The RV insurance requirements in Texas are designed according to the three types of vehicle classes you might be traveling in. Coverage can also depend on how often you use your RV, such as living in it full time, and other factors.

Three Classes of RVs

The three types of recreational vehicles are divided by A, B, and C. They are broken down according to the following characteristics:
Class A– This class includes vehicles up to 75 feet long, and are the lines of motor coaches, luxury coaches, and converted buses.
Class B- Out of the three classes, this one is the smallest of RV’s. The class included cargo van designs, camper vans, travel trailers, and vehicles without a cab-over.
Class C- This class can include the vehicles using a cargo van as the driven portion with a camper extending above the cab area. Fifth-wheel vehicles fall under this class.
The advisers at recommend purchasing RV coverage to cover the similar risks that an auto policy would cover. It can include collision, liability, and comprehensive coverage. Additional elements might also include total loss replacement, campsite coverage, emergency coverage, and roadside assistance.

Scroll to Top